Learn how to draw a great looking Cat Paw Prints with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cat Paw Prints.
The paw consists of the claws or toenails, the digital pads or fingertips, the large metacarpal pad, and the dewclaw and carpal pad located higher up the leg.
Paw prints can be used to track an animal, especially when it walks through soft mud or snow.
Animals also leave paw prints on surfaces when they have something stuck to their feet, for example, when the family dog with muddy paws walks on the living room carpet.
Did you know? We learn about ancient animals from their fossilized paw prints when soft mud hardens into stone. We can see how the animal moved, how many were present, and where they were going.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In popular culture, pawprints are a common theme in jewelry, clothing, and children's toys. The pawprints often represent a love of animals, especially cats and dogs.
The brightly colored Lisa Frank artwork adorning school supplies in the 1980s and 1990s often contained images of paw prints. It is also used a logo for children's characters such as Paw Patrol.
Would you like to draw a set of feline paw prints? This easy, step-by-step paw print drawing tutorial will show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cat Paw Prints
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat Paw Prints for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using a curved line to enclose an irregular shape. The shape should resemble a crescent moon with rounded tips, or a round cookie with a bite taken out of it. This represents the print of the large metacarpal pad.
Easy Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw four small ovals above the curved shape, indicating the toe or digital prints. This completes the first paw print.
Easy Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a curved line to draw another irregular crescent shape.
Easy Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw four small ovals above the crescent shape, completing the second paw print.
Easy Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a curved line to enclose a third irregular crescent shape.
Easy Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw small ovals above the crescent shape to indicate the toes.
Easy Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing small ovals to complete the third paw print.
Add More Details to Your Cat Paw Prints Picture - Step 8
8. Use a curved line to draw a fourth irregular curved shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Cat Paw Prints Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw four small ovals atop the irregular shape, completing the paw print.
Color Your Cat Paw Prints Drawing
Shade your paw prints. The best part about this drawing guide is, you can keep drawing to make your trail of prints - called a trackway - as long as you wish. Who made these paw prints? You can find your feline friend here. Or perhaps these prints belong to some other four-footed creature? Discover it among our animal drawing guides.
For more great Cat drawing tutorials, see the 25 Step-by-Step Cat Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat Paw Prints Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).